Unread 12-03-13, 05:57 AM   #1
ChaoticOne

Worlds: a voxel game with custom everything

Hello, Cube World modders! I'm an indie developer who currently makes a voxel game, and since the game I'm creating would probably appeal to some people here, I decided to post about it. I'm not here to just spam and go, and I want to have meaningful conversation, so I'm asking the community to hear me out, please?

This is a voxel game that I decided to create when I felt that Minecraft wasn’t enough for me. But the foundation for the story goes back to my childhood. I liked to play LEGO a lot back then, but these were the tough 90s in Russia, and my single mother, who was working as a translator, had to bring the constructor from the Germany. She could afford only the small LEGO sets, and went to Europe just once per two or three years, leaving me with a very limited ability to build.

But then, after almost 20 years, Minecraft gave me the unlimited possibilities I’ve always desired to have. However, some time has passed, and even Minecraft wasn’t enough for me, because of the limited set of blocks, difficulty of writing mods and texture packs, and some other issues.

So, I’ve decided to roll my own game, where you can have infinite amount of blocks, character models, biomes, items and everything else. And I want to have a simple tools inside the game that allow easy ways to add this stuff into play.

As of now I have a texture editor, simple block editor, an object editor (objects are things like houses and trees made from more than one block), and a landscape\biome editor. I like the landscape editor the most, because of the possibility to add any kind of biome you could possibly imagine into the game.

The game is free for now with optional purchasing.

A short preview:

And I made a tutorial that shows main aspects of the game. Here it is:

Thanks for reading this, and sorry if this post disturbed you in any way!

For those who want to try, it could be downloaded here: http://gameofworlds.net
ChaoticOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackCube World Mods » Site Forums » Chit-Chat » Worlds: a voxel game with custom everything