Cube World Mods

Cube World Mods (https://www.cwmods.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.cwmods.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself! (https://www.cwmods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4)

Cairenn 07-28-13 10:59 PM

Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself!

Welcome everyone! We are very excited to be able to open the doors on Cube World Mods!

I'll go ahead and start. Many of you will know me from our other sites, but for the rest of you:

Hi, my name is Cairenn. I am one of the founders and admins on our group of sites. We (myself & Dolby) have been running modification sites for the MMORPG community since 2002. We currently have 8 sites with this being our 9th, covering 10 games. You can find links to our other sites in the footer at the bottom of the page.

Before anyone asks - yes I am an honest-to-goodness female. Still somewhat of a rarity in the MMORPG world I know, but there are some of us around. I've been a fan of "modding" ever since my introduction to it with EverQuest and my enjoyment of the communities that we create for those of like interests has only continued to grow over the years that I've been involved with it. I am the 'face' of the site, taking care of all of the front end requirements on a site like this; taking care of you guys (our authors and users), being the liaison between our sites and the respective game companies, etc.

So, enough about me. Allow me to take this moment to give you a brief introduction to my partner in crime. Dolby is the other founder and administrator on the site. He's the one that takes care of all of the coding and such needed to keep the site running smoothly.

Everyone, please do feel free to say "hi" and introduce yourselves.

Dolby 07-30-13 02:14 PM

Hi every one!

I'm the guy behind the scenes working on the site code and servers.

Brian 07-30-13 02:34 PM

Why hello there, I'm Brian or known as Hurley on Cube World Forums. I'm also proud to say I am the first Mod Uploader :)

Cairenn 07-30-13 02:41 PM

You are indeed. Welcome to the site! :)

Kail 07-30-13 03:00 PM

Hello!

Hello there, I am Kail4012 from the Cube World forums.
I am really excited about the possibilities and the innovation that this site will encourage! A massive thanks to whoever put in the man-power to get it up and running.

It's really awesome!

Cairenn 07-30-13 03:05 PM

Hey Kail! Great to see you here. Check your PMs on Youtube when you have a few minutes, please? :)

Xaverin 07-30-13 03:59 PM

Hey everyone I'm Xaverin, I come from the Cube World Forums.
I'm not very experienced in modding, although I've been working at it for a couple weeks.
Glad to be here :D

Cairenn 07-30-13 04:46 PM

Welcome to the site Xaverin! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

Notuger 07-30-13 05:24 PM

Introducing myself!

Hey guys, my name is Gabriel but people in the CWF calls me notuger, i'm one of the first modders there and i'm grateful to help anyone with problems! I have a pack and i'm planning to launch the Armors Overhaul!

I don't really speak english (dont need to be so harsh with me)

^^

Carmine 07-30-13 05:26 PM

Hello!

Hi! I am carmine! Also known as botboy10 on the cube world forums!
I'm sort of new to the modding, But i will get better. ^-^

Cairenn 07-30-13 05:35 PM

Welcome Notuger and Carmine! :)

Gasmer 07-30-13 05:44 PM

Hello I am Gasmer i come from the CWF i have about 6 cub mods and still working on more Im glad we have sites like these to post our stuff!!

Cairenn 07-30-13 05:45 PM

We're glad that you use us to do so. :)

Notuger 07-30-13 06:06 PM

The only thing that is killing me is the writing format for images and stuff, I need to rewrite everything :/

Cairenn 07-30-13 06:26 PM

Yeah, that can get annoying, sorry. =/

Carmine 07-30-13 06:28 PM

Hey cairenn, This is an odd question, But why does it say you joined 2004, When cube world wasn't out back then?

Cairenn 07-30-13 06:30 PM

Lol, that's carry over from our other sites. It's actually wrong, really I've been running these sites since 2002. :D

Dolby 07-30-13 06:48 PM

She was part of the early early pre-pre-pre-alpha back in 2004 :D

Cirhsyl 07-30-13 07:24 PM

Hello there, I'm Cirhsyl, from CWF... Or well, from a single thread on Cube World forums. Don't really do anything on any other threads.

I use Cirhsyl for damn near everything, so if you want to get in contact, you can follow the link in my sig, or just put up a Google search of "Cirhsyl"

I mostly focus on sound mods, and I'm not very good at editing in general, but I'm always up for some challenges, so I'll give it my best at any suggestions people have. I do have a selection of models though, they will be put up soon 'nuff

I have near no life, so I will most likely be active here almost all the time, or if not here, I'm /ALWAYS/ active on my Facebook, linked below.

I like a lot of things that will cause arguments, so I'm not going to list them...

I am male, though I always set myself as female where ever possible.
I set myself as female because I /really/ don't want to be male, I try to push myself away from it at every turn possible.

I am VERY open, so I will answer everything sent my way, if I actually get it. All my mods can be found spread across various sites, software and much more, but they will be here soon.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes, I tend to operate at 2 in the morning, or times near that, since it's when I've got the most free time.

Thank you for reading, and I bid you farewell. <3 ^-^

Cairenn 07-30-13 07:29 PM

Welcome to the site Cirhsyl. Thanks for a great introduction to yourself. :)

Carmine 07-31-13 03:06 AM

Hey, Do spoilers work in here? I tried and it doesn't seem so...
It would usually be [spoiler]likethis[/spoiler] But nope. :/

Will.Eze 07-31-13 04:23 AM

Hi guys I'm Will.Eze, or you can call me Will, I've been modding for Minecraft for 3 years and I just can't wait to be able to work with Cube World though i'm new to this game, i've played for just about a few days in total :P
Though i haven't released any model mods, since there sure are better artists than me, I'm planning to put half of my coding time into Cube World when an API or any way of modding is released

Nice to be with you all :D

PkhBasko 07-31-13 08:12 AM

Hello!

Hi everyone! I've been playing Cube World since release a few weeks ago and LOVE IT, as I'm sure many of you do as well! I started a YouTube channel beginning with this game and things have kicked off well! I look forward to be able to share some of the mods with the people who watch the videos! Who knows, maybe I'll even work on some myself! Looking forward to the future here!

Cairenn 07-31-13 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmine (Post 34)
Hey, Do spoilers work in here? I tried and it doesn't seem so...
It would usually be [spoiler]likethis[/spoiler] But nope. :/

Hi Carmine! Not at present, but I'll ask dolby what he thinks about possibly adding it. :)

Welcome to the site Will and PkhBasko! Looking forward to seeing what you guys create. :)

Networked 07-31-13 03:35 PM

Hey there, just stumbled upon your post earlier on the CWForums. I don't post much, I usually just lurk and create models. Really nice site by the way guys.

Bl4ckSh33p 07-31-13 03:44 PM

Hi! My name is Alexander aka Bl4ckSh33p and I created WoW Launcher PLUS and Cube World Launcher PLUS.
It's good to have the team (or part of it) from WoWInterface here for Cube World. I added your page to the links section and in the new Newsticker coming with BETA 1, soon. ;)

PS: when you click on a donate button (paypal) it says "Addon hosted on WoWInterface" on the PayPal page. :D - and the close button is missing on the popup.

Dolby 07-31-13 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl4ckSh33p (Post 42)
PS: when you click on a donate button (paypal) it says "Addon hosted on WoWInterface" on the PayPal page. :D - and the close button is missing on the popup.

It should now say CWMods, sorry that was hardcoded in the js and overlooked as well as the close img link. I've gone in and fixed that.

Thanks for the heads up and glad to see you here in the cube world. :)

y2bcrazy 07-31-13 09:54 PM

Hello and stay tuned

Hello everybody, my name is y2bcrazy

I am a highly active community member on CWF and i host daily streams on twitch (twitch.tv/y2bcrazy).
I have made over 50 in game models and plan on keeping this up for a long time.
I make approx 10 models a week and i don't hold back on quality of work, even if it strains my body.
I'm extremely nice, friendly and rational.

I am 20 years of age and am going into my final year of university studies.

If anyone ever has issues building models or needs help making anything, I am always willing to help out.
Don't be afraid of me, i don't bite and be sure to see more of me around here :)
:D:D

If you want to see almost everything i've made (some images are missing and will be updated) yuo check out the following link:

http://y2bcrazy.imgur.com/all/

Cairenn 07-31-13 10:21 PM

Glad to see you on the site Y2B! :)

ModercaiserX 07-31-13 10:45 PM

I Come form china

Cairenn 07-31-13 10:46 PM

Welcome to the site ModercaiserX. :)

bamboechop 08-01-13 12:08 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm bamboechop, coming from Austria and I'm currently 18 years old. I'm the admin from cubewelt.de, a german fansite to Cube World. I started trying to model with CWME and had a really good time with it, so I decided to make models more often. :D

At the moment I'm working for one month at an IT company. When I have nothing to do I'm browsing the CWF.org and look for new mods and models. :D

Guess thats enough for now. :)

'bamboe

Cairenn 08-01-13 12:14 AM

Good to meet you bamboechop!

Carmine 08-02-13 12:22 AM

I'm working on a pet claptrap, Almost done. Can't wait! ^-^

Cairenn 08-02-13 12:31 AM

I look forward to seeing it. :)

Carmine 08-02-13 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 59)
I look forward to seeing it. :)

It's done, I think one of the hardest parts was getting the body to work right, If you look at the model in CWME, It looks like it is floating.

NuclearSharkhead 08-03-13 12:05 PM

Hey everyone I'm NuclearSharkhead but you can call me Sharkhead, I like creating and displaying CW mods on my YouTube channel and my 12 year old cousin has been teaching me how to play Minecraft : D I usually play action oriented games but I think one of my best traits is that I'm willing to try new things, which is why I'm here. Hope to get to meet you all - I will be here often.

Cairenn 08-03-13 12:11 PM

Welcome to the site Sharkhead!

NuclearSharkhead 08-10-13 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 64)
Welcome to the site Sharkhead!

Thanks Cairenn :3

Feman 08-14-13 10:42 AM

Hi I just joined and found out about this from a sticky on Cube World Forum. I'm already working on a custom race and would love to share it for feedback because I don't want it to suck.

Cairenn 08-14-13 10:55 AM

Welcome to the site Feman. Can't wait to see it! :)

Karnaf 08-16-13 06:00 AM

Hello my name is Marik but on the forum I'm Karnaf which is a rhino in hebrew :D
I'm one of the modders on the Cube World Forum thread by Calxus
Hopefully I'll be active in here and post a lot of mods and get a lot of downloads ;)
also.... I LOVE BACON

Cairenn 08-16-13 12:27 PM

Bacon is good! :D Welcome to the site.

Bl4ckSh33p 08-16-13 12:43 PM

Bacon! :D > Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReSGe200A

Roganz 10-09-14 09:00 AM

*waves* Hello!

Hi I'm Roganz, avid gamer and literally just started modelling for Cubeworld, but luckily have some previous experiences so I will hopefully (with determination and time) make some really cool models for the game!

Cairenn 10-09-14 12:57 PM

Hi Roganz, welcome to the site. :)

RaichuShadow123 10-26-14 12:29 PM

Hello!

Hello! :D I do not have cube world but would like to know how to make mods for it, I'm not great at coding but I really like art and design so I think I could at least try to make a mod but I just don't know how, can anyone fill me in:confused:? :D:o:)

:banana: Thanks to whomever replies!

Blubbll 06-22-15 02:55 AM

Hi,i'm Blubbll,

owner of the zircon.at network,

creator of the ZirconRealms Cubeworld Server, a small cluster of cubeworld servers that brings stable PvE in cubeworld to the masses!

I also created the MusicLauncher for cubeworld.

Nice to meet you guys!